Choose one public corporation in an industry with which you are familiar. (Note: you will use this same corporation in every assignment throughout the course)Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on the corporation:
- The corporation’s website.
- Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Filings & Forms page.
- Strayer University’s online databases.
- The Lexis Advance database.
- Other miscellaneous sources. (The corporation’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.)
(Note: It is expected that you will also use your course textbook to complete the assignment.)
Use the Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness Template [DOCX] to write a 4-6 page academic research paper in which you include the following:*Note: The title page and source list are in addition to the 4-6 page requirement
- Assess how globalization and technology changes have impacted the corporation you researched. Support your assessment with specific evidence.
- Apply the industrial organization model and the resource-based model to determine how your corporation could earn above-average returns. Support your response with specific evidence.
- Assess how the vision statement and mission statement of the corporation influences its overall success. Support your assessment with specific evidence.
- Evaluate how each category of stakeholder impacts the overall success of the corporation. Support your response with specific evidence.
- Use three or more quality sources, including your textbook, to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your source page at least one time within your assignment. (Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources)
- For help with research, writing, and citation, access the library or review library guides.
- Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling.