The Quickwrite consists of 5 questions (answer each question in a complete paragraph 150-200 words):
- What terms were the most important concepts of this week’s lesson? Be sure to define any important terms in your own words.
- What was your muddiest point (that is, what did not make sense)? Identify at least one resource (outside of your textbook) that is scholarly/practitioner based and cite it in APA style that helps resolve this question.
- What would you like to know more about from this lesson, and why? Identify at least one resource (outside of your textbook) that is scholarly/practitioner based and cite it in APA style that helps resolve this question (this must be different from the source that you cite for the second question).
- How does this lesson relate to something you have already learned outside of this class?
- How might you apply the lesson to your present or future work experiences?
“”The focus of this week is on differentiating between domestic and international HRM principles, policies, and procedures. We will describe the content and importance of IHRM practices and policies, while linking them to the business strategies of Multinational Enterprises (MNEs).””
- Evaluate the dimensions of international HRM.
- Summarize the factors that differentiate international and domestic HRM.
- Readings from ebook (Links to an external site.):
- Chapter 1- The Internalization of Human Resource Management
- Chapter 2- Strategic International Human Resource Management
Cultural difference in business | Valerie Hoeks | TEDxHaarlem (Links to an external site.)
What is a Multinational Corporation? (Links to an external site.)